1 week into my new job and I must say that I dont regret leaving SCB.
Well, at first I strongly felt that SCB values their employees better, more benefits etc. But changing my mindset, I actually feel quite relieved abt leaving. My ex-colleagues have been complaining to me abt the new leadership etc. Never would I guess or imagine that the restructuring would be quite major with an entire change of leadership. My boss, whom I respect greatly would no longer be heading the team.
God's timing is indeed perfect. On the day when I was going to sign the new appt letter, the announcement was made. By purely relying on human wisdom and rationale, no one would really want to take up the new offer.
My new colleagues are nice and helpful. My buddy is actually the same age as me, graduated with arts and social sciences degree and getting married too! There are lots of things to talk abt. Of course, I have to start building up relationships again in this new company. =)
I do miss my ex-colleagues at times but glad that I'll still see them next weeek for dinner and of course at my wedding. Haha...
Still learning in my new job but glad to say, the learning curve is not exactly steep and the workload is really manageable for the 2 of us. Chatting sessions are carried out every single day.
Looking forward to the day where I can work independently without relying too much on my buddy. =)
Friday, September 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment